Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Morning Ramblings......

Friday seemed to be a rough day for me at work. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I have been getting very little sleep. Even taking something was only giving me about four hours of sleep a night. The steroids are wrecking havoc on me.
After the last treatment my hands swelled up and were hurting. No reason why they think maybe one of the inactive ingredients may have changed. So they needed to put me back on steroids. My feet are hurting too and have peeled again.
So I was feeling pretty down. Last night I finally got a good night sleep. Amazing what that will do for you.
Today is my wedding anniversary. Eight years married and fifteen years together. We have been through it all.
Wednesday is my last chemo treatment at the cancer center before I transfer my care over to Duke. This week Duke hosted a conference on the fact that those who had a breast navigator helped during their treatments. I truly believe that. She fought the insurance company to get the simple drugs that I needed approved and helped when I felt I just had some weird questions.
I plan on asking Duke to also be put in touch with their navigator. I like having that connection.
Lately though what has been on my mind is the after care. What happens when I am all done with treatments. I don't just want to be sent on my way with a see you in 6 months. I have been searching the internet for after care put there doesn't seem to be much. I am hoping that changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment