Monday, February 4, 2013

Next Steps....

I seem to do better when I look to the next step. What will happen next? I am worried what will happen when I am done with radiation and I am waiting for the reconstruction? What kind of appointments will I have? Also I know there is so much out there on what tests to get what not to get. I want to know all of this now! I know it is bad and not even something I should be thinking of right now, but I want to know what will happen long term.
I have also been thinking a lot of my mother. I think her doctor was an idiot and if he would have done some testing on her when she first was sick with the cough maybe she would have been with us longer. For that I am just plain angry. But this is one of the reasons why I keep going to the long term.
When my mother was 32 she was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Her mother had passed away from it when she was 43 also. I don't think my mother ever thought she would get cancer again (if she did she never told me) she was very good about always going back to the gynecologist for her checkups and getting her CA-125 checked. She wouldn't even switch doctors because he was the one that she felt saved her. She was also very on top of me always going to get my annual exam and when it came out that woman who were on the pill had a less of a chance of getting ovarian cancer she came home and told me to go on the pill.
Again breast cancer was the furthest thing on our minds. I have been thinking a lot of my mom during this whole thing. I feel like I should celebrate the ending of Chemo on Wednesday so way but I am not sure, what am I really celebrating the end of Chemo means that I get to go onto the next step surgery.
Steps I need to remember baby steps...with each baby step it will bring me closer to the main goal NED.

No comments:

Post a Comment