Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Moving on to Duke

Yesterday I had my final pre op appointment at Duke. It was good and Richie went with me so he could finally meet the new breast surgeon and also meet the new oncologist.
Walking into the Duke Cancer Center is a lot like walking into a hotel. It is pretty relaxing or at least as relaxed as you can be.
Dr. Greenup went over the surgery with us again and what to expect. The nurse came in afterwards to go over the care of the drains. I was glad that he was there to hear everything and finally meet her.
Afterwards Dr. Mitchell came in and went over what will happen after surgery. We are going to wait on the pathology report to see if I have to do more chemo or if I can move onto radiation. If I need chemo again she will try and get me into one of the Duke studies. That would be a good thing but I am hoping no more chemo.
So all my oncology and all my medical will be at Duke. I am happy for this change.
I am getting a little nervous about the surgery more so about afterwards then the actual surgery. Richie is going to stay at the hospital with me and Tyler will stay with Erica until I come home. Should be interesting though.
14 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment