Monday, January 5, 2015

Entering into the world of Stage IV Breast Cancer

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. A lot has happened. In June of 2014 Richie and I separated and our divorce will become final in July 2015. I have full primary custody of Tyler and he will visit Richie up in New York during track outs.
Tyler and I moved into a town home in August . We are settled into the new home and Ty has been settling into his new school.

I went back to work in late September 2014 and was only at work for five days before the skies opened up on me. It was freaky how the cancer was found this time. My legs and feet got really swollen. It became painful on Sunday the 28th. On Saturday night I texted my physical therapist and asked if I could come in so she can look at them. I am very lucky that I have doctors and therapists that are very good to me. She called my breast surgeon, Dr. Greenup  since I had just seen her and she told me to come straight to the ER so I did. My blood pressure was very high.
 It turned out that I had something called  Retroperitoneal Fibrosis  after stents were put in the leg swelling started to go down. I also had to have two nephrostomy tubes put in to help my kidneys drain. These will hopefully come out this week.
With all the scans I had they found cancer in my lymph nodes in my abdomen. This time it is Stage IV Triple Negative cancer and is being treated by twelve rounds of Chemotherapy with a drug called Carboplatin.
 After that we will do some more scans and see what is going on with the cancer and where it is. 
This time I realized that I would not be able to work during my chemotherapy treatments. So far I hadbeen on short term disability and just recently that was down to 66% of my pay.The money raised on the go fund me site will go to my medical expenses and towards household bills.
I read every single comment on my Facebook, and my Caring Bridge Site .I Love all the support, prayers and well wishes. I cannot express how much your love and support has helped me.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment